Pages

Friday 17 December 2010

High standing....

There is something I like more than fashion, more than style, more than almost anything!  Books!  Anyone who knows me is very aware of just how much I like my books, and this is a welcome, and already greatly loved, addition to the library.

From Where I Stand is a sublime collection of Mary McCartney's photographs, and includes both public and private images.  Having been privileged enough to gain access to some of the iconic moments in both fashion and music worlds, and having been lucky enough to know some of the most creative and ground-breaking personalities of our times, these pictures are a magical peek behind the curtain - a glimpse of fame, fashion and showbiz that we rarely get!

Throughout my life I have (all too rare) moments when I contemplate giving up my worldly goods and attempting to live a life of freedom, no longer tied down with clutter and "stuff".  However.......there is one thing that always brings an end to these thoughts of a zen-like existence - I simply couldn't be without my books!!!!

C
ertainly, from where
I stand, Mary McCartney's latest offering does absolutely nothing to diminish my passion for books!

xxo