Pages

Thursday 3 February 2011

Neon now...


I am truly a Wellingtonian, thus black is my standard "go-to" colour - with shades of black thrown in for good measure!  There's a change in the air though.....

Some of my fellow Wellingtonians seem to be breaking free from the (black) chains that bind them, and are daring to take to the streets in bright, vibrant shades of colour!  And it looks like this new, bold mood in colour is not about to fade in a hurry.

In the latest edition of British Vogue, Christopher Kane talks of his love of neon...

















...while Proenza Schouler (in American Vogue) have also embraced the brightest of colours.  Indeed, magazines are positively bursting with neon!

To me, neon = bravery, but in two distinct ways.....
Firstly, you need a level of bravery to wear such loud, eye-catching  shades; but I also find that there is an enormous amount of bravery gained from the life-affirming, skin enhancing vibrancy of neon.....

xxo