Pages

Monday 15 November 2010

Chanel dreaming....

Aaaaaaaaaah!  What can I say?  I'm in love - with a DRESS!  A beautiful, blue, Chanel dress!



This Chanel is a little piece of heaven really.  The floaty net fabric, the muted dusty lavender tone, the empire line, the delicate beading - it is a true classic.  Indeed, I was really struck by how ultimately timeless it is.   You wouldn't be at all surprised to see this dress in a faded photo from the 1900's, the 1920's, the 1950's..... 


There is always some debate in New Zealand as to what the rules are when dressing for an event, and deciphering the dress code maze is not really our forte as a nation.  Indeed, as a country we are notorious for our under-dressing (& I don't mean our stylish lingerie!!!) - jeans to opening night of the ballet anyone?  I can clearly recall my childhood dismay upon glimpsing the informal outfits on display when I attended my first ever opening night at Wellingtons Opera House.  I yearned for Chanel - I got blue denim


Of course,
 I think it is highly unlikely that I will ever be fortunate enough to own, or even wear a dress such as this, but....well.... a girl can always dream, right?  Sighhhhhhhhhhh..........


xxo