Pages

Thursday 4 November 2010

Costume characters....

When we are little we love to dress up.  I remember wistfully the large wooden 'Dressing Up' box upstairs in my grandmothers house - the way I would dive in head first, emerging minutes later as a "Medieval queen", a "fairy princess" or a "victorian lady" - (even, on occasion, as "my mother at her school ball").  One of the [many] sad aspects of aging seems to be that we lose that playful desire to dress up outrageously, (save for those special occasions when we deem it acceptable, ie. Halloween)....

.......or some of us do!  Thankfully there have always been those amongst us who retain this youthful sense of style in their daily sartorial choices - the Marchesa Casati's, the Isabella Blow's and the Anna Dello Russo's.

I
love the couple above, not only for the gorgeous colour but for their sense of fun!  To me, they look as though they have just stepped from the pages of
Oliver Twist, or some such novel - a modern day Artful Dodger and Nancy.

So
I think why not employ more fashion fun on a daily basis - we only live once after all.
...

H
mmmm - I think I feel a New Years Resolution coming on......

xxo