Pages

Sunday 6 March 2011

The long and short of it.....

As a young girl growing up, I made the same huge mistake that so many young girls make - I believed that, basically, to be sexy, it had to be short!  I rolled the top of my school uniform over to shorten hemline, (deliberately failing to notice the way it now gathered and puckered ridiculously round the waistline); I placated my parents by leaving the house in 'sensible' skirts, only to disappear into public toilets, reappearing seconds later (a la Wonder Woman) in a skirt so short that.....well, you get the idea!

Moving forward through life has taught me many things, but one particular important sartorial lesson has been the allure of length!  I see now the error of my young selfs ways: how gorgeously feminine, and downright sexy, a long flowing skirt can be!  They flatter so many more people than their shorter versions, and there is a fabulous sensation of fabric flowing around you when you walk.  Wellington, in particular, is perfectly suited to the long skirt - the wind here allowing passers-by to fully appreciate the effect!

Oh, and length is everywhere for the coming seasons, so there'll be something for everyone............and for those among us who simply can not accept that "sexy" can be anything but revealing, there are the see-thru chiffon versions - romantic and sexy ;-) !

xxo