Pages

Monday 14 March 2011

Trilogy Red....

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love nail-polish - and here's why......

I'll let you in on a little secret:  I used to bite my nails furiously, ferociously, relentlessly!  And I didn't stop at the nail.....oh no........I kept right on going, gnawing my nails to the (figurative) bone!  I tell you, it got to the point where I would hide my hands, dreading the looks of horror that they invariably elicited from anyone who caught a glimpse.  But THEN............

I painted my nails!  That was all it took to cure me of my cannibalistic* habits!  I took one look at my pretty nails and simply couldn't bear to hurt them - I was cured, forever!!

Anyway, getting back to the point - today I was presented with a fabulous free gift - a glorious red nail-polish, and interestingly, it is a collaboration between nail-care giants Orly, and Trilogy, that ever-so-popular beauty brand from Down Under!  I am a HUGE fan of collaborations - indeed, following the enormous success of the recent pairing of Karen Walker and Beau Coops, I wait with anticipation to see who will combine their talents next!  Hmmmmm........."Cybele for Glassons" perhaps
xxo

* Apparently, (according to Answers.com), it is not actually called 'cannibalism' if you eat yourself!  No, it is referred to as 'autophagia'!  Now you know.


UPDATE:  I thought it worth letting you know that amazingly, this nailpolish stayed put for over two weeks - two weeks, it should be mentioned, during which I did the gardening, sans gloves, and mowed the lawns!  
My verdict?  I am fairly impressed!!!!